6.08.2008

It's no fun being sick

For some reason, I got sick.  Don't know how, who/where it came from, or what it even was.  At first I thought it was the flu (cold-like, not stomach).  It didn't pass for two days.  I rarely get sick and when I do, it is rough.  It knocks me down and kicks me hard.  Not fun.  After it didn't go away for a few weeks, naturally, I was concerned.  I thought it had morphed into a cold, and then moved onto a full-blown sinus infection.  Although, the timing was a bit coincidental in that this time in NC is when the dreaded yellow pine pollen rains from the sky.  You have to use your windshield wipers to disperse the distinct granules from your front window in order to begin your drive.  It covers everything in sight, so don't forgot to bring in your clothes from the drying line as they will all be a lovely shade of yellow.
Allergies run in my family.  I previously had not shown any symptoms.  This was my fear.  I am allergic to North Carolina.  

No comments: