8.28.2008

Link to Track Where Your Food Comes From

If you were curious about where your food travels from:

http://www.leopold.iastate.edu/resources/fruitveg/fruitveg.php

I have quite a few co-workers and friends that have committed themselves to the 100-mile diet.  I couldn't do it; I like rice.  Although, there is "local" rice grown in South Carolina, I cannot afford the $9 per pound rockstar price for a grain that is a large part of my diet.  

Once we have our own home, we will be able to grow and preserve a lot of what we eat.  I am even going to make Joseph's soy milk that he drinks every day.  Oh what fun!  We are both excited to get back to the earth, become homesteaders and learn to be self-sustaining.  There seems to be a push in my generation to regenerate our roots and connect back with nature.  What a great time in the world to be (re) learning how to provide for our own well-being.

No comments: